Tuesday 4 September 2012

"일 추가해" and Meeting the Family

<Arlyss Hewitt-Stevens posting>
Hello! I'm Arlyss and it's very nice to start posting to this blog. I hope I don't disappoint you! (But I probably will, don't get your hopes up ㅋㅋ)

Today was very interesting, to say the least. I would like to say my day was unlucky, but I'd be lying.

My morning didn't start out very well. I missed the first bus by a couple seconds. I'm glad I did, however, my host mom made me come back home to get an umbrella. If I hadn't done that... it wouldn't have turned out well. ^^;;


I ended up getting off at the wrong stop, thinking it was a subway station. Instead, it was just some random stop. I ended up getting back on the bus and taking it the whole way to the YES office so I wouldn't get lost again. Luckily, I know the way to the YES office from the Hongik subway station now! Not so luckily, I arrived soaking wet from wondering around in the rain.

Because I got lost for such a long time yesterday (for over 3 hours), I didn't have any time to study last night. It's safe to say I failed my first Korean test. Next time I will try harder and I'll get a good grade! ^^

My class got out earlier than the other class, so I waited at a cafe for Kelsey, Dimitri and Daniel. It took a long time, but I waited it out like a champ. Also the barista gave me a free cookie. Service in Korea is actually the coolest thing ever. Once they came, we left to Hongdae. The four of us went out to Yoogane. It was good, but we definitely thought it was going to be cheaper. ㅜㅜ I'd show a picture, but since Daniel and Kelsey both have access to this blog, they'd know I stole it. ㅋㅋㅋ


After that, Daniel and Dimitri left, leaving Kelsey and I to wonder the streets of Hongdae. After mindless wandering and looking at socks, we finally settled ourselves in an Etude House. We didn't buy anything, though. ^^;;

I also accomplished my mission of buying my sister YeSong a B2ST CD for her birthday. She loves B2ST and Yang Yoseob (my aunt calls him "Yosep" ㅎㅎㅎ) so she was super juiced when I gave her the gift. ^^

On the way home my sister was on the same bus, so we sat together. I'm so happy I didn't get lost going home today. Once I got home, my aunt and cousin came over and we all had dinner together. It was really cool to meet them.

I think I've done enough blabbering for today, I need to study now. Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment