Sunday 28 October 2012

Daniel Posting

Expectations

<Daniel Posting>

Being in Korea is very new and different for me. I am used to going to different states and countries, but never like this. I have never been on my own for a year.
In the past I have either traveled with family or stayed short amounts of time by myself.

Despite the new environments, I am well adapting to Korea. Before I arrived here, I was so nervous. I wasn't sure if I would be able to manage and learn the difering subway routes. Now that I am here, I realize it is quite easy. I feel like all my expectations about Korea, when I was in America were all wrong or misleading.

One of my expectations was that Korea would be very high fashion. However, when I came here, I found that I dressed better than a lot of Koreans. I was actually surprised to see this.

Another one of my expectations was that Koreans would be very critical. This one was half true.
Although most of the natives are extremely nice and welcomming, there are few that you just now they are analyzing and fixing youy in their minds. Even if they don't say it, you know.
Especially the youth. They just stare me up and down thinking they wish they were me or what is this guy doing here.
Either way, the staring thing is starting to get on my nervous. Just take a picture, it will last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment